Rebekkah and Ryan

IMG_1495We were at the Cape for his nana and uncle’s duel surprise birthday party. We spent the night at the Cape with all of his 100+ family members. He told me the next day we were going to fly kites at the beach because that is what his parents did when they were dating. So the next morning, he made me try on two different outfits. I was curious why he was picking my outfit because he never does. After picking a blue dress with stripes on it, we checked out of the hotel and went to the store to get kites. As were walking around the store, his phone kept ringing and ringing and I had no idea why everyone was calling him because we were going to see them in about ten minutes. We checked out at the store and left with a Shark kite and a Shark towel.

After leaving the store, he said he needed to go to Dunkin’ Donuts to get a water and then will go to the beach. So I was waiting in the car for a good 15 minutes before he came back out. I thought something was wrong because it doesn’t normally take 15 minutes to get a water bottle. Once he got in the car I asked him if he was okay and he said yes but we needed to get to the beach because everyone was getting ready to go and the wind was picking up. The beach was five minutes away so we drove there, parked the car and walked down the stairs leading to the sand. Everyone was flying kites and blowing bubbles and having fun!

As I was watching everyone and started to walk over to them, he told me to follow him. At this point I said “ALL I want to do is fly a kite! Is everything okay!?” He said yes. So we walked towards the water and told me to look down. In the sand was a giant heart with rose pedals outlining the heart and the words “Will you marry me?” in seashells. I was speechless! Everyone yelled to him “get down on your knee!” because he forgot.

He got down on one knee and I couldn’t talk. About twenty seconds later he said “Well?!” And I said “YES! I will!” Before putting the ring on or even looking at it, I jumped in his arms hugged and kissed him. As I stepped back, I saw my parents walking down towards us from the opposite of the beach! He called them and told them EVERYTHING a couple days before (when he asked for my father’s blessing!).

After hugging them, everyone in his family ran over and hugged us! I finally put the ring on 10 minutes later. I was in tears and could not stop shaking OR smiling for the rest of the day.