Pamela and Dr. Wayne

Image 1 of Pamela and Dr. Wayne

How We Met

On New Year’s Day 2014, one month before he was scheduled to go on a trip to India and Bhutan, my fiancé suddenly and unexpectedly lost his wife. As he approached the one-year anniversary of that devastating loss, his female friends began to offer to fix him up with women they know. A tad alarmed, he decided to take the bull by the horns and began to explore the world of online dating. In June of 2014, I moved to his state to live with my mom who needed to not live alone. After 6 months of living with my mom and commuting 3 hours each day for work I also decided to go online. We met and began dating in January 2015.

how they asked

After dating a little over a year he took me on a 3-week trip to Morocco. He considered proposing while we were in the Sahara, but the timing wasn’t right.

In April, 2017 we took our second big trip together. This time we explored the Route of the Maya, visiting ancient ruins in Central America. Toward the end of the trip we were exploring the ruins in Tikal National Park in Guatemala. We were touring with a group and gathered together to climb to the top of one of the ruins for a view of the Grand Plaza. Our tour guide gave a short lecture on the ruins and plaza, then turned to Wayne and asked, “Wayne, do you have any questions?” Wayne turned to me, got down on one knee, and pulled out a ring box. He said I’ve brought him happiness and hope, and asked me to marry him. I was completely surprised, and of course I said yes!

We had a beautiful wedding and, of course, a travel themed reception! For our honeymoon we traveled for 4 weeks to Bhutan and India with a stopover in Dubai; the same trip he was booked on when his wife passed away. We climbed to the Tiger’s Nest in Bhutan, visited the Taj Mahal in India, and took a sunrise cruise on the Ganges River. We loved seeing Bhutan, the last real “Shangri-La,” and sharing the experience together.

Image 2 of Pamela and Dr. Wayne