Morgan and Mike

how we met

Mike and I met at Central Michigan University in 2015. He worked at a Liquor Store in a strip mall and I just so happened to work next door at a Tanning Salon. When the liquor store was slow, Mike would hangout at the salon – he was friends with the girls long before I started working there and during my breaks I would go next door and get a snack. We continued to bump into each other not only at work but also while out with mutual friends. We eventually exchanged phone numbers and realized we both lived in the same apartment complex adjacent to one another. We had common interests, and we both were a part of the School Of Business at CMU so we started hanging out and before you know it we were together more often than not. We clicked and hit it off right from the beginning. Summertime in Mount Pleasant was when we became really close, friends. Best-friends in fact. For about a year thereafter. Come Halloween night 2015 we dressed up as His and Her Purgers and headed downtown Mount Pleasant. Before the night was over and we were walking back to our apartment complex, Mike took a chance, pulled me in close in the middle of the sidewalk and kissed me for the first time. As time went on Mike started to “chase me”. And after months of asking me to be his girlfriend, I finally gave him the shot he deserved and we started dating on January 14, 2016.

how they asked

Mike and his parents were taking a trip to Marco Island, FL just after Deer Processing season and invited me to tag along. We were in FL for about a week, where one of the mornings was designated as a girls/guys day – Florence and I got our nails done and signed up for a shell photo frame craft session at our hotel while the guys went golfing. Before and during our vacation Mike begged me to go on a jet ski tour. And in case you didn’t know – I LOVE the water, but you will not find me in or near it down South. Obviously, I did not want to go on a jet ski tour in shark infested waters, so we compromised and went on the tour. Turns out we were the only ones signed up for the tour that day, so it just so happened to be the guide and the two of us. Our “private” tour lasted about 3 hours, where we traveled through the Mangroves and Everglades, rode alongside dolphins, visited some of the 10,000 islands in Marco and more. Towards the end of the tour we stopped at a small island about 15 miles off shore where we were able to get off the jet skis and explore. Mike and I found a GIANT conch sell, empty of course so we got to keep it, among many other great shell findings. During our stay, the tour guide offered to take our photo and I kid you not while the guide was waiting to take the photo Mike did not seem to be paying attention – so knowing me and how impatient I am, I kept asking him to turn around so he can take the photo because he was waiting on us… Moments after me slightly yelling at Mike for taking forever to turn around, he grabbed both of my hands and got down on one knee and all I remember is him asking me to marry him (not anything he said in his speech, sorry babe!) and of course, on January 25th, 2018, I said YES! Impressed is an understatement with how much time and effort he put into the proposal. From the girls day at the nail salon, carrying the ring in a boat key container floaty all day, coordination with the guide to take lots of photos, recording everything on his GoPro, plus Mike and the guide even had champagne and glasses waiting for us back in the jet skis compartment. After his proposal, we were able to take time and sit together on the shore of this little island 15 miles off of main land and celebrate the start of a new chapter in our lives!

Special Thanks

Messy Photography
 | Photography
Belle Isle Conservatory
 | Location