Virginia Marriage Proposal Ideas
Kaitlyn and Michael's Proposal in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Stacey and Trevor's Adorable Scrapbook Proposal on the Beach
Sharon and Daniel's Timeless Marriage Proposal in DC
- Weather in Virginia is usually not too hot and not too cold. With five different climate regions, though, your specific location is important in any weather planning. After you know where/when you want to propose, check the average weather of that area and plan accordingly.
- It's hard to find a place in Virginia that isn't incredibly gorgeous. From mountains to beaches, you can have any proposal background you'd like! Just make sure you have a great photographer to capture the beauty of your proposal. Look around, collaborate a date and location, and book your photo session in advance.
- Dress appropriately for your proposal location and season, but make sure you both look nice for photos. A great way to do this is to surprise them with a new outfit for your special date!
- After you've decided on a date for the proposal, plan a general timeline for the day of, but know that you can't plan everything. When the time comes to actually get down on one knee, you’ll know it, so don’t worry too much about how your timing will work out. Follow your instincts and let the romance flow.
- Everyone wants his or her proposal to be a surprise. That’s part of what makes the event so exciting! Don’t share your plans with anyone who might ruin the surprise factor. Plan for a date she would never expect a ring, but if you think she would appreciate the sentimentality of an anniversary or favorite holiday, go for it!
- It’s always a good idea to involve your family and friends in the proposal. If you’re going to Virginia on vacation for the proposal, they may not be able to join, but you can still have a surprise engagement party when you return!