Sunset Marriage Proposal Ideas
Jamie and Joey's Amazing Proposal in Maui
Suzanne and Jesse's Time Lapse Proposal at Sunset
Katie Anne and Phil's Gorgeous Proposal Video
- Whether you choose a chilly mountain or a sandy beach, keep the typical weather of your location in mind. Check the forecast as far in advance as possible to avoid rain or clouds.
- For the best pictures, choose a location without a lot on the horizon. Beaches and mountaintops are the best choices; crowded cities and forests are the worst. A clear horizon makes for a perfect sunset view!
- Everything about this is romantic, so your clothing should match that feeling! Wear something dreamy, flowy, and monochrome to complement the colorful sunset.
- Time the proposal just as the sun drops below the horizon for the best lighting. (Hint: Check your weather app for the exact sunset time!) This is also when the sky is most colorful, which will be perfect for pictures.
- Consider having your photographer hide from a distance to help keep the surprise! As long as you know where they’re hiding, it’s a great way to make the proposal even more exciting.
- Sunsets are the ultimate picture of a storybook ending, so you probably won’t want a crowd of people around during the actual proposal. Take some time afterward to call your loved ones, or even arrange a dinner celebration so everyone feels included!