San Diego Marriage Proposal Ideas
San Diego Proposals
Jovanna and Aaron's Romantic San Diego Proposal
Connor and Hannah's California Coast Proposal
Kelly and David
- Most San Diego proposals are in the summer on the gorgeous beaches, but the city is gorgeous at any time of the year! Just plan ahead for the weather, choose a timeframe to propose, and check the forecast as far in advance as possible. If it may rain, have a backup location nearby.
- Make sure you capture the perfect memory of your proposal on camera! Whether that's with a professional photographer/videographer, or if you just set up a camera nearby, you'll definitely want pictures to remember the special moment when she says yes.
- Dress appropriately for your proposal location and season, but make sure you both look nice for photos. A great way to do this is to surprise them with a new outfit for your special date! For beach proposals, a sundress and general summer attire will do, but don't make it too casual.
- San Diego has such amazing beaches, and one thing that looks amazing above those clear blue waves is a perfect sunset! Even if you don't go for a beach proposal, timing the big question as the sun begins to set will look amazing in photos and really add to the romance.
- If you want her to really be surprised for the proposal, don't tell her any of your plans until the day of! Make an excuse to keep her schedule free, pack an outfit or two for her, and just say you have a special day planned.
- Always try to involve your loved ones in the proposal! For locals, it can be as simple as proposing in front of all your family and friends or planning a surprise engagement party nearby. If you're proposing on a special San Diego vacation, you can bring your family and friends along or just include them in your planning process.