Hawaii Marriage Proposal Ideas
Tonie and Eric's Marriage Proposal in Hawaii
Annie and Justin's Marriage Proposal in Maui
Michael and Kristyn's Hawaii Beach Proposal
- Hawaii is almost always warm, so planning for weather shouldn't be too hard. Keep in mind that the islands have a dry season and a humid season, so summer is the best time for a Hawaiian proposal.
- Photographers are in high demand in Hawaii, especially during vacation season. Book as far in advance as you can, and if your proposal will be more on the adventurous side, consider using a go-pro as it may be harder to have someone else there to capture the proposal.
- If you're proposing on a Hawaiian vacation, time the big moment for the beginning of the trip. This way, you can spend the rest of your trip celebrating with an engagement honeymoon!
- Wear something that will go along with the beauty of the Hawaiian sunset, beaches, and volcanoes. Bring clothes that are romantic, cool, and comfortable! For women, the best options are sundresses or cute beach outfits. Guys, just don't wear a floral Hawaiian print shirt. We know, it's Hawaii, but leave the tacky tourist shirts and leis at home.
- No matter what, keep the proposal a surprise! Don’t let her know your plan, and think of an excuse if she starts asking questions. Choosing a sentimental date such as an anniversary or holiday can add romance, but don't spoil the proposal!
- Consider bringing your family and closest friends for the proposal! If that’s not possible, just involve them over the phone or Skype. A surprise engagement party with loved ones is a great way to keep your actual proposal intimate while still involving the people you care about.