Lexi and Adam

How We Met

It all started at The Tin Roof in Nashville, TN. I was in town with my mom, Gail, and MOH, Gabby, to run the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon (my first big race!). Adam was in town with 5 guys to celebrate their friend Logen’s Bachelor Party. After the half marathon, my mom wanted to go into this bar we were walking by because of the great live music that was playing, but I really didn’t want to go in because I wanted to take my mom back to the hotel to go relax due to food poisoning earlier that weekend. Knowing my mom, she insisted we go in for a drink and to enjoy the music. Reluctantly, Gabby and I agreed, so I went straight to the end of the bar to try and get the bartender’s attention for a round of drinks. In the meantime, Adam was already inside with his friends – in his words “tearing up the dance floor”. When the boys needed a refill Adam and two others went to the front of the bar to get a round. This is where Adam ran into Gail and Gabby and struck up a conversation with them. After a few minutes Adam took Gail for a quick spin on the dance floor. When they got back, I was waiting with the drinks after having worked my way back to the front of the bar. There was an immediate connection between us. In fact, Adam FaceTimed his family and told them that he was going to marry me. I laughed because – of course! The rest of the night we were inseparable, we went from bar to bar getting to know each other and listening to the great music Nashville is so known for. The next day Adam had a 5-hour drive back to St. Louis, while I had a flight back to New Jersey. The next few weeks Adam and I texted and FaceTimed back and forth without any lulls in conversation.

After Adam’s first trip to NYC to visit just a month after meeting, it was clear there was something more serious happening. Fast forward 6 months and multiple trips back and forth, Adam and his dad, Ron, loaded up a U-Haul and drove 16 hours from St. Charles, MO to Hoboken, NJ!

And the rest, as they say…. “is history!”

how they asked

April 9, 2017. Adam and I ran the Rutgers Unite Half Marathon (my second and his first!) It was such a great day – perfect weather and such a fun course! Completing this race was a big milestone for both Adam and I. This was his first half marathon ever, which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself! For me, I had just spent the last 3 months re-evaluating my health. I had lost 30 pounds and never felt better! We had plans for a celebratory dinner at the Rocky Hill Inn in Princeton that night to celebrate finishing our race. We had some time to kill so, Adam, my parents and I decided to walk around Princeton University on Adam’s suggestion. I hadn’t been on the campus since I attended a field hockey camp there while in high school so I was excited to walk around and look at the architecture. We had taken pictures in a few different spots, but then Adam found this gorgeous, gothic hallway and suggested we take another picture. I didn’t think anything was up, since I am always asking him to stop and take pictures with me :) When we go to pose and “say cheese” I almost fell over when Adam stepped back and got on one knee. I didn’t think it was real. I kept saying “Seriously?!” It was a great moment and a beautiful backdrop that I will never forget!

Proposal Ideas Princeton, NJ