Kylee and Jake

Proposal StoryHow We Met: Jake and I fatefully met through a friend of a friend of a friend completely randomly in March. I was being studious and studying for a Business final at the University of Utah, and my best friend Andrea (Andy) wanted to go and do something that night. She called her friend and convinced me to go with her. Just for a little while … to this boy Jake’s house.

When we got there Jake and I just hit it off from the beginning. He made me laugh and smile more then I had done in a long time. Through the months, there were good times and bad times through the dating process that only brought us closer together and fall more in love.

how they asked: I go to the University of Utah and LOVE Utah football. As a member of the MUSS (Mighty Utah Student Section) I went to every Utah home game and would buy Jake a guest ticket to come with our best friends Madison, Ryan and Andy. The games were the highlight of our weekends.

(Side note) My birthday is on November 11th, and I had found out he wanted to propose on that day, but since I had found out, he convinced me it was NOT happening that day. He said he ordered me the iPhone 4s and was NOT getting me a ring. I still secretly thought he was just lying and was actually going to do it. But by the end of the night it still hadn’t happened. I’m not going to lie, I was a little disappointed. But I knew it was going to happen eventually, he wasn’t going anywhere is what he likes to tell me!

On one particular game (Utah vs UCLA), I had to work a tailgate for an internship I’m involved in. He told me he had to work up in Park City and wouldn’t be able to be at the game until half time. While I was working this tailgate, I kept getting a million texts from Madison, Ryan and Andy asking where I was and when I was going to get there. I was so confused because they were never like this when I was late to a game before. Since my birthday was on November 11th, the day before, they said they had my presents and wanted to give them to me.

Eventually I made it to the football game from the tailgate, and Jake was still no where to be seen, and I hadn’t talked to him in about 2 hours. I was so mad at him that he wasn’t there, and he had to be in Park City, stuck at the top of the mountain from bad weather. When the team ran in and the band ran out onto the field, I finally saw Jake. He was walking up the stairs with about 2 dozen roses! I was so happy to see him and thought the roses were just for my birthday!! He didn’t say a word to me – he just handed me the roses, looked me in the eyes and got down on his knee.

I was so in shock and everyone around us in the stands was cheering for us. It was the most overwhelming, exciting and perfect moment of my life. Of course I said yes!!!

Jake and I couldn’t be more perfect for each other and are so excited to share the rest of our lives together and grow together. We are also grateful the Utes won the game that night!