How We Met
After being single for the majority of my 28 years, I had pretty much accepted a life of being single. I was very content with where I was, but would be lying if I didn’t admit deep down there was a longing for love in the future. After caving to peer pressure, I decided to finally “put myself out there” and give Bumble a try.
Not long after creating a profile, Cullum & I matched. Before we even had a chance to set up our first date, we coincidentally ran into each other in Nashville one random day! It was then that we exchanged numbers & scheduled our first date.
From that very first date, I knew Cullum was different from any man I’d ever met (and not just because he’s from Zimbabwe— how cool is that?!)
The spark that was lit between us was unlike anything else I’d ever experienced, & I truthfully can’t find the words to accurately describe it. I’m a picky girl, & every person in my inner circle who met Cullum knew right away that you couldn’t have hand-picked someone better for me to do life with.
Every day is an adventure & I still can’t believe we met through an app! Praise God that we both swiped right!
How They Asked
What started as the most ordinary “Cullum & E day” of exploring & fishing had the most extraordinary ending… Here’s a brief outline matching the series of photos.
1. Man, that guy sure is fishing close to us when THE WHOLE LAKE is available, sir!
2. Fisherman moves on (thank you!). A nearby duck & I notice a wine bottle floating in the water. Who will get to it first?! Haha! And seriously, I still don’t understand how Cullum pulled this part off.
3. I blurt out, “Hey maybe there’s a message in that bottle! After wading out to grab it I realize hey wait, holy cow, THERE IS a message in this bottle! Still oblivious & not quite processing the “Storyteller Ever After” wine, the handwriting, or what the note says…
4. It clicks!
5. ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW OMG OMG OMG YES x1,000,000
6. Which hand, which finger, are we doing this right, omg we’re both still shaking!!!
7. I guess that’s a YES!
8. Let’s pray right now! “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted & built up in him & established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” Colossians 2:6-7
9. HOLY MOLY we’re engaged!
10. Skipping around like a goofball because at this moment, I’m happier than a bird with a French fry!