DIY String Heart
This string heart is such an easy DIY and it’s so love-inspired – I can’t get enough of it. It’s in my kitchen and every morning it brightens my day. It’s an inexpensive and fun way to add love to your home or wedding and a super awesome activity to do with your girlfriends (re: bridal party).
Here’s what you need to make your own DIY string heart:
- Piece of wood
- Box of nails – the thin, long ones
- String (obviously this one used pink, but you can use any color string… or yarn!)
- Spray if you want to change the color of the wood
- Piece of paper as large as the heart you want to make
Instructions are easy:
- Spray the wood (if you choose to) and let it dry completely
- Draw a heart on the paper then stick the paper over the wood
- Use your hammer and nail along the line you drew – the nails will go right through the paper!
- Remove the paper (just pull and tear, it will work!)
- Take string and tie it to one nail – then let her rip!
- In no specific order, keep stringing the string among the nails
- In the end, you can outline the heart to make it more prominent, but you don’t have to
- Finish up by tying the string off at another nail
What do you think? Quick and easy? Cute and perfect for wedding decor or a fun project with the girls? I certainly love it in my home and think you will too!