Kelli and Cory


How We Met

Cory and I met while we were both attending college at a small school in PA, Misericordia University. We were both nursing majors so we had been in the same classes for our whole four years, but never really talked to each other until our last clinical experience. I realized he was flirting with me when he offered to help me make one of my patients beds.


When he finally admitted he liked me and wanted to take me out it was the day that I was packing up my dorm room and getting ready to move back to New Jersey, he could not have had worse timing.


I had just gotten out of a long distance relationship and was not to keen to start another one, but my roommates and best friends would not let me not at least give him a chance.


When I came back to Pennsylvania for graduation we went on our first date, and just like that I knew he was something special.We continued to date on and off for the whole summer, and it wasn’t until a trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park in late September did we finally decide to make it official.


Since that day we continued to date long distance until we decided to start travel nursing, moved in together and started to travel the country.


how they asked

We had planned a trip to Ireland to visit my sister who is studying abroad there, everyone told me that he was going to propose on some part of our trip, but Cory had me convinced that he did not have the ring ready. I knew that he had to design and get the ring because I had multiple small diamonds from my grandfather that I wanted incorporated into the ring.

We started our trip in Dublin and started road tripping across the country. On Friday November 4th we had woken up in Galway and we were planning on stopping at the Cliffs of Moher before meeting up with my sister in Limerick. I was taking my time shopping in Galway when Cory was rushing me out to get to the Cliffs, because he wanted to make sure that the weather would be good when we got there.

I didn’t think anything of it, so we got in the car and drove the hour and a half to get there. When we got there we started walking the trails, it was a gorgeous day just very windy, which is always expected there. I could tell something was up, but when I pressed him again about the thoughts of a possible engagement he gave me the same story about being disappointed that the ring was not ready and that he really wished it was because this place was picture perfect.

I could see the disappointment in his face so I truly believed him. We got to this one part of the cliffs that there was a flat rock part that you could get a good view of everything so as we were taking a few pictures he grabbed my hands and said he wanted to talk to me about something. He started to tell me about how the last 3 years of his life had been so amazing only because I was part of it, and then he got down on one knee.


I immediately thought he was kidding and was going to hand me his gloves or something, so I began to walk away and told him to get up. He then grabbed my hand and pulled out a ring box, and that is when I lost it. I could not believe it was real life.


When he got up and put the ring on my finger I finally noticed that there were people around us taking our pictures. I was hoping we would be able to track them down so we could have photographic proof. Cory then asked me if I recognized the girl behind the camera, and I realized it was my sister.


He had been communicating with her for two weeks before we got to Ireland to make sure that she could be there to take pictures and her other friend was there to take a video.


It was absolutely perfect.