Alicia and Scott


How We Met

Scott and I had met on a dating website around the beginning of October 2013. My mom was having open heart surgery around the time me had started talking which was October 15,2013. We both had very conflicting work schedules at the time and just didn’t have the time to meet up. I was just about to give up on “True love” until the day I met Scott. After talking for 2 months on the phone we had broken the ice and knew a lot about each other. I have a sister who was a freshman in high school at the time and she was always busy with all her extra curricular activities. (Of course she didn’t drive at the time) so she asked to take her and her friends to Applebee’s one night for half price appetizers and I said ok.

After leaving the restaurant Scott had asked if I wanted to meet up.  That night on December 19, 2013 I never in a million years thought I would meet the love of my life… From a dating website no less! After deciding where to eat so late at night we picked Applebee’s for half price appetizers. (Thank goodness I didn’t eat earlier)when we met it felt like I had known Scott for years I knew everything about him. We had shut down the restaurant that night (literally they were turning the lights off on us. We had then got in my car and stayed in the parking lot for a couple of hours just talking. We didn’t want to leave each other’s side. The next day Scott had asked me if I wanted to go to Smithville which has the cutest little no-name shops. I had agreed to go and that was the night that had changed my life. Scott had asked me to be his girlfriend that evening and nothing could have been more perfect. Or so I thought.

how they asked

From the moment me and Scott had met I knew he was the one for me! After a year and a half of dating started looking at engament rings and then after months and months of looking at engament rings we had picked “the one”. I told him I didn’t want to know anything else about getting engaged and he had asked me how I would like it and I told him either the beach or Phillies stadium. And he had planned everything by himself. Usually I’m usually pretty good at telling when something is wrong or when something is going to happen. After getting to the stadium it was pouring. We couldn’t even tailgate outside. After we drank a little it was meet the players on the field. So we had waited in line to get into the stadium and I had gone through the metal detector and went back around to collect all the things we had in our pockets.

Little did I know he had the ring on him and it had gone off when he went through. So he had to take it out of his pocket and show the security guard. (Thank goodness I didn’t see) and we had gone down and met some players and then it was time for the game! Me, clueless to everything had no idea what was going on. In the middle of the fourth inning a camera women showed up and he had pointed it out and I had told him she works the Jumbotron. And he said ” wouldn’t that be awesome if we got on there” and I had told him I’ve been on it before. As the fourth inning ended he pointed to the Jumbotron and as I looked he got down on one knee.


The wedding march started playing and I instantly jumped up and  started crying. After he asked me to marry him (of course I said yes!) he slid the ring on my finger and hugged me and told me to turn around. The 2 things I asked of him were 1-ask my parents for permission, and 2- I would like my family there. Well as I turned around I looked up the steps and my parents, brother and sister were there. And then a little bit beyond them was his parents! And then I started crying again. I couldn’t believe it. He pulled it off!


After sharing our bottle of champagne I couldn’t tell you what happened for the rest of the game! It was a night to remember that’s for sure!